Nasty feature of multiple desktop environment

Hi,

I have question about one unpleasant feature of my multiple desktops
environment (I have RedHat Linux 6.0 with Gnome and 0.15.5 Enlightenment
Window Manager).

I have tiled desktops configuration (see the picture).
--------------------------------------
|                  |                 |
|    1st desktop   |  2nd desktop    |
|                  |                 |
|cursor position->I|                 |
--------------------------------------
|                  |                 |
|    3rd desktop   |  4th desktop    |
|                  |                 |
|                  |                 |
--------------------------------------

If I move my cursor close to the desktop boundary, sometimes it goes
to the next desktop and I accidentally jump into another desktop
against my will. Changing edge flip resistance does not help because
it relates to the windows, not the cursor.

It is possible to limit the cursor's motion only inside one desktop?
(I still want to have my tiled desktop, not the desktops layering on top
of each other). I know some other people who are interested to solve
this problem.

Thank you,

Jacob Nikom