Re: GnomeCanvasPixbuf

On Dec 16, 1999, Jamie Guinan <guinan@bluebutton.com> wrote:

> I hacked in a GnomeCanvasPixbuf item, but it causes
> the app to crash on me (with or without _aa on the
> canvas).  The app runs fine without the GnomeCanvasPixbuf.
>
> Any suggestions?  Any sample code I should look at?

Sure.  Usually when the canvas crashes on a canvas item, it's because
you're passing in the wrong type in the argument list.  Your code looks
like this:

  setup_item(gnome_canvas_item_new (group,
                                    gnome_canvas_pixbuf_get_type (),
                                    "pixbuf", pixbuf,
                                    "x", 100,
                                    "y", 100,
                                    NULL));

Those x & y parameters are supposed to be gdoubles.  You should do this
instead:

  setup_item(gnome_canvas_item_new (group,
                                    gnome_canvas_pixbuf_get_type (),
                                    "pixbuf", pixbuf,
                                    "x", 100.0,
                                    "y", 100.0,
                                    NULL));

When in doubt of arg types, check the docs:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gdk-pixbuf/gnomecanvaspixbuf.html

John