segfault when mixing l10n and efence

Hi, when I compiled against Efence, I get segfaults (both in and out of gdb),
but the program works fine when I don't compile against efence. I was wondering
if this is a bug with my code, or gnome/gtk+? here's what gdb says...

Starting program: /home/bmud/src/./bmud

  Electric Fence 2.0.5 Copyright (C) 1987-1998 Bruce Perens.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x4151789b in gconv () from /usr/lib/gconv/
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4151789b in gconv () from /usr/lib/gconv/
#1  0x4046231e in mbrtowc () from /lib/
#2  0x4042aea7 in mbtowc () from /lib/
#3  0x40331284 in _XlcGetCodeSetFromName () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#4  0x4032c18f in _XlcConvert () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#5  0x4033959c in _Xlcmbstowcs () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#6  0x4033973f in _Xmbstowcs () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#7  0x40323769 in _XimLcctstowcs () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#8  0x403239ce in XimParseStringFile () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#9  0x403226d9 in _XimLocalSetIMValues () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#10 0x4032278a in _XimLocalOpenIM () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#11 0x40321dcc in _XimServerDestroy () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#12 0x402fa205 in XOpenIM () from /usr/X11R6/lib/
#13 0x40281edf in gdk_im_set_best_style () from /usr/lib/
#14 0x40281feb in gdk_im_open () from /usr/lib/
#15 0x402727a9 in gdk_init_check () from /usr/lib/
#16 0x401d0775 in gtk_init_check () from /usr/lib/
#17 0x401d0bf1 in gtk_init () from /usr/lib/
#18 0x40084c60 in gnome_icon_entry_get_filename ()
   from /usr/lib/
#19 0x40369ad7 in poptSetExecPath () from /usr/lib/
#20 0x40369a9f in poptSetExecPath () from /usr/lib/
#21 0x4036a406 in poptGetNextOpt () from /usr/lib/
#22 0x40360869 in gnomelib_parse_args () from /usr/lib/
#23 0x40084f99 in gnome_init_with_popt_table () from /usr/lib/
#24 0x40085006 in gnome_init () from /usr/lib/
#25 0x804f204 in init (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc04) at gnome-compat.h:5
#26 0x804f7d0 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc04) at main.c:33

in main before * call init(), I have this
        bindtextdomain (PACKAGE, LOCALEDIR);
        textdomain (PACKAGE);
and the line in init() is
        gnome_init( "BMUD", NULL, argc, argv);

linux 2.2.13, debian 2.2 (pretty recent), gnome 1.0.54, gtk+ 1.2.6, export

I DID make sure all the memory handling (malloc, realloc, free, etc) are the g_

this didn't crop up until I added the internationalization stuff (I think it's
added, I couldn't find any strong easy documentation on this, there were tidbits
here and there, and the gnu page had quite a bit, but that's a bit much for this

        -Erik <> []

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]