Re: segfault when mixing l10n and efence

br0ke@math.smsu.edu (Erik) writes:
> Hi, when I compiled against Efence, I get segfaults (both in and out
> of gdb), but the program works fine when I don't compile against
> efence.

This is not surprising since the whole point of efence is to make sure
memory bugs segfault instead of silently causing future failures. :-)

I think I saw something about gconv problems, but I don't remember
what/where. You might try upgrading your gconv-modules package.

It looks very likely that this bug is on a lower level than gtk/gnome,
in Xlib or libc.

It's also possible that the memory is corrupted before this backtrace,
due to a bug in gtk or your app, but that seems unlikely given efence.

Havoc