Re: Linux Gnome/GTK+ Programming Bible

Hi,

I am the author of the upcoming GNOME/GTK+ Programming Bible. The
manuscript is mostly complete, and it is scheduled to be published before
April.

The book is intended for an applications programmer, not for someone doing
internal GNOME stuff. While it isn't for a beginning programmer, it was
written so it could be used by someone having no experience with GNOME, or
even X11. Most of the book is a tutorial with lots of example code. For the
sake of clarity, I tried to boil each example down to its simplest possible
form.

And it's true that I'm not one of the GNOME hackers. After 20 years of
programming on everything from punched cards through Motif, I decided to
try may hand at writing. I'm an old compiler writer, so I mostly write
about programming languages. Among the stuff I have written is "Java Master
Reference" and "COBOL for Dummies" (don't laugh--the checks are still
coming in).