Re: Documentation and Reviews.

> I'm working on the DocBook pages now, but I have a couple questions. First
> of all, I want to verify that the files I'm supposed to be working on are
> located in gnome-libs/devel-docs. That's what I started working on. The
> other thing is that if I run db2html on any of the sgml files in there
> (say in devel-docs/gnomeui/tmpls) then it spews out a couple pages worth
> of errors and the resulting html file has nothing but the
> Short_Description section in it. Does this mean that all the sgml files in
> that directory are bad or am I using the wrong stylesheets package or
> something? I downloaded all the prebuilt rpm files from Cygnus's DocBook
> directory, and I have tetex 1.0.5 installed.

You have to run "make sgml" if you want to convert the "tmpl" files
into a valid sgml file.

There is another target: "make html" will do the tmpl->sgml and then
the sgml->html conversion.

The template files are the "source" file for the real "sgml" file,
they get merged with API documentation that is found on the C files
(ie, the description for all the API routines comes from the C code,
you should not add any of that yourself).

best wishes,
Miguel.