RE: Text editors

What I was thinking was providing a set of CORBA components.  You could have
an nedit component, a vim component and an emacs component.  Then users
could choose which they wanted to use on a global basis and on a
per-application basis.  And since all the components support the same
interface, you can interchange them without a problem.  I certainly wouldn't
want to use vim for writing an email, but I would like to use vim for coding
or writing up HTML pages.

Assuming the interfaces for the components are designed well, you could then
have a gnome spell checker which could spell-check any text contained in one
of these components.

Cheers,
Chris