Re: GNOME Sound Server, was Re: GNOME sounds - which componenthandles this?

I wasn't implying that GNOME will ever use the ALSA daemon; it won't, as
far as I know. I told Elliot about the ALSA daemon, he talked to the ALSA
guys and then decided he wants to aim for something a little different but
said the ALSA guys had cool ideas that would be useful for the GNOME sound
daemon. I was just mentioning the ALSA project as a side note; however, as
far as I know the ALSA daemon won't be dependent upon ALSA, or so I'm
told. I was told that they're planning for it to also support OSS, and I
would presume that any hacker can add other sound APIs to the daemon.

Cody