RE: GNOME Sound Server, was Re: GNOME sounds - which component

I believes it solves the initial problem, but as I said,
people are more likely to write to the ESD API to be compatible with
both in that case.

Why not create a new, from scratch server, that uses the same API as
Esound, thus maintaining backwards, (and future) compatibility between
it's self, and Esound. I cannot see why this would not be the perfect
solution. Why add confusion by introduucing yet-another-api.

Let me make my self very clear here.

WHY WOULD YOU ESOUND CODE TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH ESOUND?

This is the best soution. Binary compatibility, with clear source.
Everybody wins.