Re: Replacing Imlib in the GNOME libraries

> Saving a GdkImlibImage to a file was also useful.  As well as its use in
> ee, I know a guy who uses imlib for some non trivial image manipulation
> (load image, directly manipulate pixel data, then save image or display it
> in the GUI).  It would be useful to be able to do this with gdk-pixbuf.

Saving was part of the plan.

Manipulating pixel data is always possible (and it can be done more
efficiently now, as information can be stored in the best alignement
setup you need) and there are lots of possible operations that can be
performed on the images as affine transformations.

Miguel.