Re: panel widget as library?

"Fox, Kevin M" <KMFox@mail.bhi-erc.com> writes:

> The notepad would be part of your desktop. The notepad text would be saved
> internally into the desktop file via bonobo.

I understand the concept, but still do not see the benefits over having
either a text file or a "shortcut" to one on the desktop.  Yes, stuff like
this seems to be a cool thing;  I just currently cannot see any really good
usage ideas that would stem from it.

> With this setup, your desktop becomes one big scratch pad.

This is the case with my emacs virtual desktop.

> You can jot down notes and scribble drawings any where you please.

gnotes?:)

> One great advantage would be having multiple gmc directorys in the desktop.
> Like a network desktop and a local desktop in one.

Sorry, I do not follow what you are saying here.

Keep in mind, I am not saying this is necessarily a bad idea.  I am just
wondering about the praticality/usefulness of this.

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum