Re: GnomeICU and playsound.c

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Gleef wrote:

> Is the proper fix to nest "#ifdef SOUND" inside the "#ifdef GNOME"s,
> replace them, or something completely different?

I believe all of the sound stuff is already wrapped in #ifdef SOUND's in
the rest of GnomeICU.  What the #ifdef GNOME stuff in playsound.c should
probably be is #ifdef HAVE_ESD.  at the end of gnomeicu.h is this:

#ifdef HAVE_ESD
#define SOUND
#define GNOME
#endif

The problem I have run into is that HAVE_ESD is *not* getting defined in
config.h, so esd sound ends up not getting compiled in.  Since GnomeICU is
no longer non-gnome, the #ifdef GNOME should probably become #ifdef
HAVE_ESD, and that not being defined should be fixed in config.h.in and
configure.in.

Jacob Berkman

--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggam