Re: minor gnumeric config problem

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Tomislav Vujec wrote:

> Mark Galassi wrote:
> > That might help, but the whole thing seems unnecessary.  I would make
> > using "indent" be a "developer's option".  When people build packages
> > from source, but are not developers of that package, they will be
> > confused.
>
> But if some package fails for some reason and they try to look to the
> orbith_without_indent_generated_c_source they will be even more
> confused.

Well, if it is really a hardship to require indent then that offsets the
benefits. The thing is that most people have indent installed, we need
readable generated header files, and having indent do it is a lot better
than trying to do it inside the IDL compiler (like some other ORB's do).

I have just added a --c-output-formatter=PROGRAM option to orbit-idl, as
well as usage of $C_OUTPUT_FORMATTER. Hopefully these will make it easier
for people who don't want to install indent, without defaulting to
unreadable generated files...

> And that is the expected situation considering versions of the most of
> gnome apps. The only bug is in RPM package which doesn't requires
> indent for orbit-devel, and offers orbit compiled with one.

That'll be fixed in ORBit 0.4.1 (fix is in CVS).
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg