Re: gen_util_applet mailcheck patch

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Jacob Berkman wrote:

> I've included a patch that adds the ability to the mailcheck applet to
> launch a user-defined email program (well, any program) when clicked.

It would be preferable to do this via GOAD, so that people don't get a new
mail reader if they are already running one, and for other expandibility
in the future:
	goad_server_activate_with_repo_id(NULL, "IDL:GNOME/MailReader:1.0",
					  GOAD_ACTIVATE_ASYNC, NULL);

We will ignore the facts that the only CORBA-aware mail reader is balsa,
that there is no GNOME::MailReader interface, and that this will not work
with even the mail reader that I use. :)

It would be nice if someone found a way to make gnome-terminal act as sort
of a proxy for non-CORBA-aware terminal apps... Hmm.
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg