Removing a widget

I am making a GTK/GNOME based RPG (which will be based on the old MS-DOS
roguelike I started when I was 13, called War of the Runes, which was
based on an MS-DOS QBASIC roguelike I made when I was 9 called Rune
War... OK, enough useless history).

I made a textbox widget that displays various information.  When the
program starts, it has only an initial window that prints start-up
information (I like it when programs do that).  Then the main game
window is created.  I want to pull the textbox widget from the info
window (which is destroyed) and place it in the game window (as a
message box).  How do I do this?  I'll probably have it figured out
before anyone replied, but I thought I'd ask, just in case.

Sean Middleditch