XML as a config file (was: Re: Gnome-Bugs and SMTP)

Okay now another question - Can we use the same tag-names several times?

i.e.
<package>
  <name>gnome-libs</name>
  <version>1.0.53</version>
</package>
<package>
   <name>gnome-core</name>
   <version>1.0.54</version>
</package>

My understanding of XML tells me this is okay - and it is up to me how
this is handled (i.e. it'll just sequentially go on to the next one)

oh by the way - what if there is /more/ than one root element (like the
whole above example is the entire .xml file) - When I reach the last
element of the first block when I do a 'cur = cur -> next' will it go to
the next root element?
I really am learning a lot from the awnsers to these questions :)