Re: Help with _zvt term match_add

 Sorry,

I was relying on my system docs which didn't include any mention of
this function. From now on I promise to check gnome's site docs before
complaining!

However, you pointed to the fact that match_add needs 3 arguments.
Well, it doesn't seem to accept more than 2. So I guess this is either
a bug in pygtk or I am stupid (any can be true)!

If it is not a bug please enlighten me!

Anyway, I am a happy man cuz I learned by error and trial how to use
FIFO's and pthreads in Python. Cool!

On 11/9/99, 6:37:44 PM, zucchi@zedzone.mmc.com.au (NotZed) wrote
regarding Re: Help with _zvt term match_add:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/zvtterm/zvtterm-reference.html#AEN674

> "Add a new auto-match regular expression. The zvt_term_match_check()
> function can be used to check for matches using screen coordinates.

> Each regular expression regex will be matched against each line in the
> visible buffer.

> The highlight_mask is taken from the VTATTR_* bits, as defined in
> vt.h. These include VTATTR_BOLD, VTATTR_UNDERLINE, etc, but not the
> colours."

> These are the relevant bitmasks:

> #define VTATTR_BOLD       0x40000000
> #define VTATTR_UNDERLINE  0x20000000
> #define VTATTR_REVERSE    0x08000000

> It can also be 0, in which case you get no visual indication apart
> from the pointing hand.

> > I also learned that if you do a match_add('def', 1) for instance,
in=20
> > your terminal app your cursor will become a small hand that points,=20
> > like in html.

> There should definetly be a third argument to the function.  That
> is how you reference your regular experssions when a match occurs.

> > Now, how can I use this nifty hand to actually enable anyone to
CLICK=20