Re: threaded network

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 jgotts@old.tqstats.com wrote:

> In message <Pine.GSO.4.00.9911161141290.2112-100000@lina.cli.di.unipi.it>, Robe
> rto Zunino writes:

> >http://www.cli.di.unipi.it/~zunino/gnome-socket.[ch]
>
> Can you rerelease this code under the LGPL so it's compatible with libgnome et
> al?  I'm writing a proprietary app but I think your library would be a good
> starting point for the network functionality and I would be able to give back
> all of our enhancements (multiple connections would be the first thing we would
> add).  My company would benefit, you would benefit, and the GNOME people would
> benefit if they elected to include this new, enhanced library.
>
> John

Of course! I thought it was already under LGPL!
Try to download it now again (BTW, I used the last version of LGPL: I
hope that's ok for GNOME...).

Please note that it's at ALPHA stage!
Of course, read the TODO list on my home page, and release your changes!

Moreover, I'm writing a proposal for gnome-adns which could replace the
current (deprecated) gnome-dns for async dns lookup. It's based on the
adns library.

When it's ready I'll publish it on my page.

Happy hacking,
Zun.