GnomeCanvas

Hai,

I have been experimenting with the GnomeCanvas widget and drawing
rectangles
and such shapes works ok for me.
Unfortunately I have not yet been able to draw text on using the
CanvasItem known
as GnomeCanvasText.

Here is how I am trying to put text on the GnomeCanvas :

	GnomeCanvasItem *import_preview;
	GnomeCanvas *import_canvas;

	/* I have cut some code here, this is were the GnomeCanvas is created
         * My reason for not including that code is because it works, as
I can draw
 	 * rectangles and other shapes on the canvas without problems
         */

	import_preview = gnome_canvas_item_new (gnome_canvas_root
(import_canvas),
						GNOME_TYPE_CANVAS_TEXT,
						"text", "Canvas Test",
						"x", 1.0,
						"y", 1.0,
						NULL);

If somebody sees what I am doing wrong, please tell me..

Yours sincerely,

Almer. S. Tigelaar.
almer1@dds.nl