Re: Cursors

It would be possible to have a stock cursor interface.  If we were going
to add the ability to have cursor themes, we would need a way to read an
xbm file at runtime, but there doesn't seem to be a wrapper around
XReadBitmapFile in gdk.

Yes, cursors have to be monochrome in X.  Although, you can choose colours
other than black and white for the cursor, which can make them look a bit
nicer.

To get a coloured cursor, you would need to manually move a shaped window
containing the cursor image around.  You can already see what this would
be like by dragging toolbars around (think about what it would look like
with no cursor over the top).  Of course, this would play havoc with the
actual application getting events, so there is almost no chance that
something like this will be implemented in gtk.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/