gnome segv idea

hi gnome developers,

I had a little idea for the gnome segv dialog. Currently when you click on the url it launches:
http://www.gnome.org/application_crashed.shtml

Why don't you have it go to a web page that displays the same info, but runs a cgi script which records the info. eg:

http://www.gnome.org/app_crash.pl?appname=panel&gnome_libs_version=1.0.50&blah=blah

The actual script returns the nice friendly page it display currently, but the information passed to the CGI script could be available at bugs.gnome.org. (or at least sent to the person responsible for that package)

Of course the user should be warned some basic details are going to be logged at gnome.org.

I'm not saying this is as useful as users sending in backtraces and proper bug reports, but it would be interesting at least for developers to see the quantity of segv's they are getting from their users.

ta,
wayne