Re: where does g_filename_index live?

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Sergey I. Panov wrote:

> After switching back to the HEAD branch of the gnome-core
> I can not compile gmenu. It uses g_filename_index and it is nowhere
> to be found.
>
>  Does it live in some obscure gnome-libs branch?
>
> I also had to comment out "#define GNOME_EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED 1" in
> libgnomeui.h to compile gnome-help-browser ( Is GtkXmHTML
> depricated already?)

Solution: Don't use gnome-libs HEAD.

You're welcome to participate in gnome-libs development, but it is not for
casual consumption - if something breaks, you get to keep both pieces.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.