Re: where does g_filename_index live?

Elliot wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Sergey I. Panov wrote:
>
> > After switching back to the HEAD branch of the gnome-core
> > I can not compile gmenu. It uses g_filename_index and it is nowhere
> > to be found.
> >
> >  Does it live in some obscure gnome-libs branch?
> >
> > I also had to comment out "#define GNOME_EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED 1" in
> > libgnomeui.h to compile gnome-help-browser ( Is GtkXmHTML
> > depricated already?)
>
> Solution: Don't use gnome-libs HEAD.
>
> You're welcome to participate in gnome-libs development, but it is not for
> casual consumption - if something breaks, you get to keep both pieces.

As I understend gnome-libs-1-0 what branched off the HEAD just a few
days ago and from the cvs log I can tell that there were virtualy no
changes.

Another matter is gnome-core. But, as I know it now, g_filename_index
was removed from the libgnome in July, but gmenu and panel in the HEAD
of the gnome-core still use it! Because it takes a few minutes to
replace g_filename_index in gmenu and panel, and because it was done
in the gnome-core-1-0 branch, I have to assume that nobody was trying
to compile gnome-core(HEAD) in three months!

 Is there another gnome-core branch that served as HEAD all that time?

 Sergey