gnome-libs "rules of engagement"

> If you want to be able to build any GNOME programs at all for the next
> couple of months, stick with gnome-libs-1-0. None of the other CVS modules
> are going to use gnome-libs HEAD until it is stable.

1) Some of the changes required to get other modules to compile with
gnome-libs HEAD seems to be trivial(some, probably, not). Should the
task of fixing those compilation errors be left to modules
maintainers?

2) Is it time to start putting new stuff in the gnome-libs?  What I
have in mind is a solution to the hard coded fonts for canvas text
items.It is a bad practice, but it is especially bad for translations
to non Latin languages would. While the solution used in the
GnomeAbout box is not all that bad, in other programms we simply
replaced hard-coded fonts with hard-coded fontsets, which is not much
better!  At the time, I suggested a solution (which, accidently was
simular to what Changwoo Ryu had in mind as well):

 define a dummy Widget that will be getting set of standart fonts in
the same way as GnomeAbout widget does and use it inside yet another
gnome utility function, e.g.

	GdkFont* gnome_font_style(const gchar *style);

Then you can have fonts defined for a set of standart styles in
gnome's gtkrc file e.g :

style "Title"
{
  font = "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-20-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
}

style "SmallTitle"
{
  font = "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
}

style "Text"
{
  font = "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
}

widget "*GnomeFStyles*.Title" style "Title"
widget "*GnomeFStyles*.SmallTitle" style "SmallTitle"
widget "*GnomeFStyles*.Text" style "Text"