Re: Extended WM Hints

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 11:03:29AM -0400, Eric Kidd wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 10:20:50AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > It is a public but not-so-optimally-coordinated process. You might try the
> > wm-spec-list archives on www.gnome.org.
>
> I found the archives shortly after posting. Unfortunately, they're broken
> for the month of October. :-(

You might just find that the volume has been low :(

> > However we do encourage only window manager authors or people with some
> > special relevant expertise to participate in the WM spec process since it
> > will be hard enough to get consensus just among those people.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't get any good information on the extended WM spec. I
> can find various broken web pages (the list archives and manual on
> developer.gnome.org) and one password-protected web site. Logging in with
> guest/guest lets me see parts of a draft, but all the actual discussion is
> hidden from non-members.

If you want the current gnome wm spec rather than the "yet to be decided and
implemented" spec, read the source to the gnome-pager applet and one of the
gnome-compliant window managers.

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar | Email: yakk(a)yakk.net   | Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Prefix: +61 8 | Fax/VoiceMail: 9265 0821 | Home: 9389 9162 | Work: 9380 3688