Re: How do I compute the size of the title bar?

"Daniel M. German" wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> A quick question that hopefully somebody will know the answer to.
>
> How do I compute the size of the title bar that the windows manager
> gives to the app? What about the lower margins on the sides and
> bottom. And finally, how do I remove all window decorations from an
> application?

Well, I don't know how to tell a window manager not to decorate a window
at all(haven't got that far).  However, there is no reason for you to
need to compute the size of the title bar or the borders or anything.
You just have to set the title and let the window manager handle it.
According to the standard, an application shouldn't rely on the titlebar
for critical information to the user anyway.  Why exactly do you need
this information?

Ted