Re: goad status

Ok, I have looked over the libgnorba code alittle. I want to get a fiew
things straight before I go at anything.

1. What exactly is the difference between the gnome-name-server and the
orbit-name-server? Is one a wrapper to the other? It looks like
gnome-name-server spawns the orbit one and sets the x variable for the
ior. Correct?

2. why does resolve_initial_references not work on the nameserver? It
works on other orb's.
What we can do to make it work (maby) is have it check an environmental
variable called NAMESERVER for the ior.
if that does not exist, try to get it from x (kinda like we do now)
if it cant do that, try to get it from ~/.nameserver.ior
and last but not least, try to spawn it locally.

3. Why is (correct me if I am wrong) goad a library? why not a server? The
whole use of an X variable for remote distribution of modules is moot
because goad can only spawn off new objects locally. A simple corba
wrapper to goad and connection to the nameserver should make it far more
powerfull.