Re: Tricks to speed up session management testing?

Laurent> I would like to know if there is a way to easily test the
Laurent> session management of the application I'm working on without
Laurent> having to go through logout/login cycles?

You can use the save-session program to force a session save without
killing the session.  Then you can examine the save files (e.g.,
~/.gnome/session) to see if it looks like it worked.

Or, you can temporarily change your setup so that gnome-session is not
run from .xinitrc.  Then run it by hand and you can do "login/logout"
cycles without actually shutting down your entire session.  This is
what I do when I' debugging gnome-session.

Tom