Re: persistant iors

Hmm, or another possibility(?)  Visibroker uses a server called an 'OSAgent',
which provides name services etc.  Every server part of the application needs
to know where it is, and uses a hostname/port parameter (env var?) to
locate it.  Then they can register their objects, and clients can
look them up.

Now I dont know if it just uses another protocol to get the initial IOR,
or some sort of psuedo method invocation or something, but a simple
hostname/port is easy to setup manually if need be (the same way
DISPLAY sometimes needs to be setup manually).  I can check the
technical manuals at work if it seems worth it.