Re: persistant iors

On that note, what about a name server server.
TCPIP based. Running as daemon.
You connect to it, enter a username and password, and it fetches (and maby
starts) the nameserver running under the specified username.
Then you can use an environment variable similar to DISPLAY.
The environment variable will not have to change, so you can safely put it
in your bashrc file (or whatever). Telnet will be able to proxy it over
similar to DISPLAY (or you can manually set it. Or put it in your remote
bashrc)

We can make orbit use this method with resolve_initial_references on the
nameserver.

And for other orbs, create a c library that does the same thing. maby just
make a gnome_get_nameserver() or something.