Re: GTK For Game Programming?

Tom Gilbert wrote:

> I'd certainly go with gtk. For CPU intensive stuff too. Its pretty
> flexible, and there are loads of really useful helper-functions.
>
> To see how far you can go with a 2D world-map type game with gtk,
> check out FreeCiv, or at least the gtk frontend to it... Nice.

Also see my RTS game, source at URL below.

I use GTK+ for basically tihs:

- framework (event loop, etc.)
- widgets (menus, dialogs, etc.)
- drawing area widget

I do all my own drawing in the drawing area widget.

--
SEGV  -  http://www.cgocable.net/~mlepage/
Features Minion real-time strategy game, RTS game programming info,