Re: Development tools

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 01:06:58PM +0200, Andres Rodriguez wrote:
> Is there any plans for development tools? I know the priority now is
> getting 1.0.50 out of the box, and I know about gIDE, glade and have
> just checked dryad out of cvs to have a look at it. What I mean is: has
> there been any discussion on how development tools should be oriented? A
> big IDE, small CORBA-based modules (editor with syntax-coloring, GUI
> builder, debugger, browser)? Including some support in the help system?
> Some other thing?

I haven't discussed it, but I'm building an IDE based on CORBA modules.
gIDE seems to be the big IDE, so I think we have both :) So far I
don't have too much yet. Some IDL in progress, and a project management
module that needs rewriting. Fortunately, a lot of the functionality
in an IDE already exists, and since I'm using CORBA, this can be
re-used, which is exactly what I'm planning to do.

If you want to see what I have so far, check out module photon from
cvs.

cya,
Martijn

--
Martijn van Beers  <martijn@earthling.net>

'Don't worry if it sounds odd. Believe me, you are talking to
someone who has seen a lot of stuff that is odd. And I don't
mean biscuits.' --- Arthur Dent