Fatal error starting Gnome.

Hi all,

	Compiled GNOME from sources into it's own directory, made all the
relevant symlinks, search paths etc. Now when I try to start GNOME I just
get a cryptic message with no core dump or anything.

"Giving up on displaying error dialog" (incidentally a /n would be a nice)

Now from what I can see this comes from :

gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-init.c in gnome_segv_handle()

not much of a description as to what went wrong and the comment just says

" /* dialog display isn't working out */"

Can anyone tell me what is going on and more importantly how I can fix it?

The gnome-libs is question is 1.0.16. Everything seems to have compiled
without error and it is perplexing to know which dialog can't be accessed.

Thank you for your time.

Rooster - A friend.

"Anyone's friend in particular or just generally well disposed to people?"

							HHGTTG.

CUT - Campaign for Unmetered Telecomunications:
Bring the best to all affordably. http://www.unmetered.org.uk