Re: GNOME libraries 2.xx road map

How do we plan to have a create a single initialisation function for all
the gnome libraries?  This sounds very difficult to do without requiring
that every library is linked to every application.

There is a similar problem inside the W3C's libwww.  If you use one of the
simple initialisation interfaces, you end up having to link with all the
mini libwww's in order to resolve all the symbols.  For instance, even if
you decide not to enable caching, you would still need to link with
libwwwcache.

I would be interested in how to get around this problem.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/