w-in-W mdi

George wrote
> So as long as it's not the default but something the user must expend effort
> towards turning it on, it's ok by me.

Well, as I wanted to say the last time (and probably did say to some people at
GUADEC) if we want this type of MDI then we should remove this function
gnome_mdi_set_mode. This allows the programmer to set what MDI mode the program
uses, overriding the users preferences.

I would also say that all functions that allow programmers to programatically
override the users preferences (from the control centre capplets), should be
depreciated for GNOME-libs2

iain