A petty background problem with gnome 1.1.8 from Helix

 Hi,

I like to have the possibility to set different background images for
different desktops (workspace in sawmill language). For a while I
couldn't use enlightenment and use instead sawmill and control-center
to set background image.

Now that 1.1.8 with bugfix for enlightenment is out, I was happy to
return to it.

Surprise though as there is no way in hell to tell control center I
don't want gnome to set background image. Each time I check the option
(or uncheck) nothing happens on save.

I think this is a bug. Now anyone submitted it already?