Re: Intro to GNOME and the FSF

On Thursday, April 27, 2000 11:41 PM -0400, Hugo Gayosso
<gnuhg@myrealbox.com> wrote:
+-----
| > > Why would we care about marketing guys as we (and GNU/Linux vendors
| > > such as Redhat, etc...) are doing our own "marketing"?
| >
| > One of "our" goals (SuSE's) is cooperation; misusing a project like
| > GNOME for propaganda wouldn't be helpful.  TeX and/or XFree86 are worth
| > to have a look at.
|
| It is not propaganda, it is just giving credit to whom credit is due.
+--->8

As long as the FSF continues to behave as if "credit is due" only ever to
the FSF (I'm being charitable -- I still firmly believe that RMS's
"GNU/Linux" crap is intellectually dishonest, if not outright attempted
theft; but see e.g. RMS's explanation of why it's "reasonable" to
acknowlege the FSF but not BSD or XFree86 components of the Linux Operating
System) I must reject this argument.

I, for one, do not wish to advance the FSF's agenda when they choose to
support that agenda with dishonesty and hypocrisy.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery@ece.cmu.edu