Re: Absolute paths

* Drazen Kacar
| If that gets fixed, we have a libtool problem because it refuses to
| pass -R flag when linking libraries.

The current CVS libtool handles these issues much better. After making
sure that deplibs_check_method was set to "pass_all" on a Solaris
system, the CVS libtool generates libraries with correct rpaths.

We are seriously considering Gnome as the standard setup for new users
here at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo. Relocatable
packages are not a must for us, but setting "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" is not
acceptable.

                                                   Per Kristian