Re: Why GTK+ vs. GNOME?

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Preben Randhol wrote:

> I don't know much about the gnome-print libraries, but it would be great
> if one could get printing capabilities in GTK+ too. :-)

Printing surely does not belong to widget set. It is way too big and
complex, needing to handle:
- fonts (printer and screen ones and doing mapping between those)
- spooling issues
- printer configuration and printer capabilities
etc. etc.
There are probably several PostScript generation libs available, so these
can be used, if the only interest is outputting something visible to most
common (lpr) printer.

Lauris