Re: helix setup tools?

Linus not only GPLed Linux when he created it, but had everyone that
submited
patches GPL and keep ownership of the code. Why? He wanted to make sure
he
did not own Linux. What would happen today if he did? M$ would have
baught
it along time ago, and we'd be doing something else. I for one do not
like
giveing ownership of my code to anyone else for this reason, and I'm
sure I'm
not alone. Please reconsider the assignment of ownership thing. If you
still
wish to continue with the ownership, It would be much safer IMHO for the
ownership to be given to either the FSF, or the newly created GNOME
Foundation. The statement though that we want controll of it so we can
defend it is rather puzzleing. You can defend the GPL even if you do not
have control
over it.