Re: multi-threaded apps.

Thanks to all those who gave answer earlier.

I have one more question:

The mutex used by gdk_threads_{enter/leave} does not appear to have been
created as a recursive mutex (ie I can't take the lock twice from the same
thread).

So my problem is that a function which takes the gdk lock may be called from a
callback (which has the lock held already) or from a thread (which doesn't
hold
the lock), how do I know if I need to take the lock - I don't think there is
any way..

So, it looks to me like it is not possible to make a MT safe GTK+ object
(which
to be fair some people have said before...)

Any clues/hints?