Re: Solaris Installation problem and fix...

>From: Nils Lohner <lohner@ecf.teradyne.com>

>Actually, even when I do have it compiled and installed it does not find it.  I
compile with --prefix=/sup and the gnome-libs does not have a -L/sup/lib in the
compile line so it never finds the library.

>/sup/build/gnome-libs-1.2.3 > ls /sup/lib/libdb*
>/sup/lib/libdb.a

It's looking for a *.so dynamic library, not the *.a static library.
Unfortunately I've found that I have to build the BerkeleyDB library by hand,
and then follow their archaic instructions in the READMEs involving the use of
ar(1) to build a dynamic *.so from that.  *Then* it works.  Before that I was
having to hand-frig the Makefiles to use the static library for recent CVS
Enlightenment code and Gnome, which stank =O{

---------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful---------
o o                                          mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.    http://Moredhel.i.am    mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "Micro$oft have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"