Re: gnome keys sucks

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 10:07:14PM +0200, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas@online.no> said

> And it doesn't work if NumLock is on :)

Keybindings being non-functional when NumLock is a problem that (in my
experience) quite a number of X applications have.  The deal is that on all
(most) X servers NumLock is a modifier.  Therefor Alt-f becomes Alt-NumLock-f
when numlock is on.  One particularly annoying instance that I can think of
is that Netscape with the translations that allow scrolling with a mouse as
they are found in most distros and web pages don't work with NumLock on.  Are
there any other places in GNOME where having NumLock on causes undesirable
behavior?  If so they should probably get fixed, since users expect that
Control-s will do the same thing whether numlock is on or off.

--
Geoffrey Reedy                                       vader21@imsa.edu

"Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1.  "You will never find a more
wretched hive of bugs and flamers.  We must be cautious."
				-- DECWARS