Re: GNOME 1.4 package list

ERDI Gergo <cactus@telnet.hu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 28 Aug 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
> > Could you please give brief descriptions of these packages, for those
> > not in the know?
>
> Sure.
>
> Panel-- is the Gtk--/Gnome-- wrapper around the APpletWidget (or whaterver
> it's called) thing in the GNOME Panel.

If it depends on Gnome--, it can only be included if we include gtk--
and gnome--. gnome-- is a bit in doubt, since Karl would have to
commit to freezing the API to have it inlcuded in GNOME 1.4. I'd like
Karl's thoughts on this (also Goerge and Jacob's).

> RadioActive is a radio tuner application for Video4Linux-supported
> hardware. It depends on Gtk--/Gnome-- and can be configured to use
> Panel--.

This sounds like something we might want to put in gnome-media. Is
there a reason not to? (Assuming we resolve the Gnome-- issue).

> Gnomoku is a Gtk--/Gnome-- based Gomoku game.

This sounds like something we might want in gnome-games. Any reason
not to do that? (Assuming we resolve the Gnome-- issue).

Other than gnome-games, I don't think we should include arbitrary
other games with the core desktop (a few amusements are expected,
anything past that should be considered extras I think).

 - Maciej