Re: GNOME homepage !! (was Re: GNOME 1.4 package list)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Frank Felfe wrote:

> I conclude that there is actually noone who feels responsible for the
> homepage.!!?!!?
>
> I understood that the gnome foundations purpose is to represent the gnome
> project and provide an interface between the gnome community and the rest of
> the world. Thats very much the same purpose a homepage has.  So IMHO the
> gnome foundation should feel resposible for the homepage (just an idea!). I
> haven't been observing the gnome foundation so I don't know what it's
> state/task is. Maybe if the GF is ready to do some work it can throw some
> attention and resources on basic homepage stuff.

Hey dude, this is not a company with managers. There are plenty of people
who read webmaster mail and try to hack on the site once in a while when
they have the time. Doing organization and all that is nice when there are
people to organize, but the problem is having warm bodies willing to be
organized.

I would be happy to organize you into setting up a search engine on the
web site,
-- Elliot
DEAR IRS, Please cancel my subscription.