Re: GNOME homepage !! (was Re: GNOME 1.4 package list)

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 08:50:37PM +0200 or thereabouts, Frank Felfe wrote:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Telsa Gwynne <hobbit@aloss.ukuu.org.uk> writes:
> > >
> > > We had this problem with docs. And then suddenly the docs project
> > > exploded, relative to what had been going on. I can think of three
> > > or four reasons for that. But I'm inclined to think that the doctable
> > > (much as I complain about the size of its tables over a slow link)
> > > _really_ helped.
> > >
> > I see your point; but, we still need a self-starter to create the
> > organization and do the task list :-P

Well, okay, yes :)

> I conclude that there is actually noone who feels responsible for the
> homepage.!!?!!?

I don't think that's true. Anyone who has an interest in it checks out
the gnomeweb module and looks in it. I don't have enough interest to
check out the lot, but I just had a look at http://cvs.gnome.org and
found the gnomeweb module and a rudimentary TODO and README in the
top level directory. There may be more in the individual directories.
I didn't look.

I would imagine suggestions on things to add to it could reasonably
go to webmaster@gnome.org, which is an address read by a bunch of
people. I'm sure they'll cheerfully stick useful ideas in a TODO file
for other people to do :)

Telsa