Re: GNOME Office list, and Sun/AbiWord

On 8/31/2000, 12:03:30 PM, Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.Uni-Mainz.de> wrote
regarding Re: GNOME Office list, and Sun/AbiWord:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Torsten Schulz wrote:

> >     We are thinking about moving to GTK, but one important requirement
will
> > be a very good Windows port of GTK. Please keep in mind, that windows is
> > one of the main plattforms of StarOffice/OpenOffice and this will last
> > for more than the next year.
> >
> Being curious especially regarding MS-Windows and *far* from being
> Qt/KDE advocate, i was wondering from a technological point of view
> why for C++ based (right, isn't it?) StarOffice, Sun/Ex-StarDivision
> didn't focus on Qt which is already a very advanced, C++ based, cross
> platform toolkit?  Wouldn't that have been a natural choice?

	We don't think about a alternative cross platform toolkit solely we are
unsatisfied with our existing solution – it works great as far as
StarOffice is a stand alone product. The motivation is that we decided to
push the integration into GNOME desktop and therefor consider the usage
of the same GUI toolkit. It could be a replacement or a alternative to
the existing implementation.

Torsten