Re: Communication

"Florent. Devin" wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to know
> which is the easiest way to connect to program ?
> You have two programs that runs separately, and have to connect there
> I/O. Is there a better way to do this in Gnome/Gtk than doing this by
> IPC ?
> I need to have the easiest way to do this. I mean that I do not want
> eavy
> code modification.

The way GNOME apps seem to do this is by using CORBA (through ORBit).
I've never used it myself yet, so I can't comment on what you need to
change to get things to work, although it is meant to be _very_ fast.

Hope this helps,

Gareth
--
Gareth Bowker                     |  tgb96 aber ac uk
PhD Research Student              |  http://users.aber.ac.uk/tgb96/