Re: Communication

Chris Nystrom x8269 <cnystrom talmid sps mot com> writes:

> Solaris has a command pipe(), that appears to be bi-directional, but it is
> not clear to me how to use it from the man page.

Linux has it as well.  (As do pretty much all Unices, if I understand
APUE correctly).  The glibc info file has a description with example
in the Creating a Pipe section.  Or, check out Advanced Programming in
the Unix Environment (worth having in general... I think we have 4 or
5 copies floating around the office).

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
IBM: Internals By Mediocrity