Re: Fitts's Law, or do you _really_ know how to make a good UI?

"Eric Gillespie, Jr." <epg@pobox.com> writes:

> I was thinking about doing this, but it seemed to me that the best
> solution would be to have a menu applet, to which applications would
> pass their menu through CORBA. Then, as i learned more about CORBA, it
> looked like gnome_init would have to be replaced by gnome_corba_init in
> all gnome apps, and i didn't think that would go over too well.
>
> So, if you could give me some pointers on another way to do this (or
> approval of the CORBA method), i'll get started.

CORBA would work, in GNOME 2 all apps use it anyway, but I think you'd
find it pretty hard to do that way. You could probably do it cleanly
with CORBA if we had the gnome-ui-handler stuff from Bonobo in
gnome-libs and all apps were ported to use it, but...

In the short term you probably want to just modify GnomeDockItem to
have the Mac-menu mode in addition to its existing modes.

Havoc